This post may contain affiliate links, please read my Disclosure policy.
Photography SEO Keywords For Selling Photos Online and for Photo Blogs
Selling photos and images online is a popular and flexible side hustle to earn extra money.
Professionals and amateurs are using mobiles, drones and traditional cameras to stock on photos for sale and for use in photography blogs.
Are you selling photos online and looking for photography keywords? You may want to increase your chances of being found by potential clients.
Photo keywords may help to improve these chances with the search engines. Also, with the algorithms in the stock photo sites.
These keywords or terms are important if you have an organic traffic plan for marketing.
Keywords are the phrases used in queries by internet users via the search engines and social media engines.
Therefore, if you desire to obtain this traffic make sure to use relevant terms.
Apply them when selling your photos or services online. If you’re selling photography on a website (stock photo site) use them to describe your images.
Photography keywords can also be utilized when writing photo blog’s content.
This post has a list of photo keywords and how to use them below.
Have you seen our previous posts on making money with photography?
Identify photography keywords and phrases
Use these steps to guide you to find relevant keywords for any photography topic or sub-topic you can use on your blogs and on photos pitch.
Find some of the key nouns, concepts and ideas related to the topic of photography.
Think about how regular people talk about the concepts. This may include; narrower related terms, broader terms, other interconnected concepts (ex.wedding and honeymoon photos) and synonym words.
Utilize tools like Google search, Pinterest and Instagram to find users’ queries.
Start with a search on Google for a key phrase. Example, “wedding photos”, “sport photography”
Look at the search results from above and notice the additional terms being used on queries. Often, these are shown at the bottom of the page on search results.
Select 2-4 terms and re-do the search again. This may give you new photography ideas with more specific terms than your original keyword search.
Instagram is a great platform for photography. There are lots of photo bloggers on the platform. Use the social media site to find hashtags that you can combine into relevant keyword phrases. Use them on your photos for sales or online content.
Where to place the photography keywords for better SEO
To maximize the reach of your photos’ content and descriptions, use the keywords phrases on these fields:
- On posts and description titles
- Anchor text – specific phrases
- On posts and descriptions Sub-heading
- Photos descriptions – product descriptions
- Alt-text inside images – this is a field provided by the image photo software.
- How to create your first blog
- 15 Quick and Easy SEO tips for beginner bloggers
- 21 Sites to get paid for writing
Here is a list of wedding photos and other popular photography themes’ phrases. You can use them with content and descriptions, as fitting.
- Pre wedding photoshoot
- Post wedding photoshoot
- Pre wedding photoshoot styles
- Elopements photoshoot
- Wedding photos first look
- Matrimonial photos
- Matrimonial photography
- Nuptial photoshoot
- Pre nuptial photos
- Honeymoon photography
- Wedding mobile photos
- Drones wedding photography
- Bridesmaid photoshoot
- Instagram wedding photographers
- Instagram wedding photo filters
- Instagram wedding photoshoot
- Newlywed photoshoot
- Pre wed photoshoot
- Wed couples photoshoot
- Honeymoon photos ideas
- Engagement photoshoot
- Wedding pics
- Wedding pictures
- Creative wedding photos
- Traditional wedding pics
- Wedding pictures on the beach
- Wedding images and quotes
- Wedding images and wishes
- Couple meeting with guess
- Wedding photos not to miss
- Wedding thank you notes with photo
- Photography of nature beauty
- Basics of nature photography
- Nature photoshoot
- Nature photography tips
- Nature photography for beginners
- Fashion photography tips
- Fashion photography 1970s style
- Indoor sport photography tips
- Extreme sports photography tips
- Aerial photography of cities
- Aerial photography of farms
- Aerial photography of landmarks
- Portraits photography styles
- Indoor portrait photography settings
- Portrait photography of books
- Portrait photography for beginners
Additional Places to Find Topics Related Keywords
- Answer the Public
- Keyword Tools
Photography keywords can help you increase visibility on search engines like Google and stock photos sites.
To help you find appropriate phrases, identify the most relevant themes that apply to your photos niche. From there it’s a matter of using the keywords research tools to find appropriate phrases for you images and services.
Leave a Reply