This post may contain affiliate links, please read my Disclosure policy.
Self care is necessary for every Mom and Dad, whether working at home or outside the home. However, stay-at-home working moms need to pay special attention to care routines to avoid burnout.
The reason for this mindfulness is that we control our working schedules, but often commingle it with family schedules and with everything else.
This flexibility is great, but it can also be a vulnerability if we don’t heed our own needs.
Since many work-at-home moms work as solopreneurs and often online, it’s tempting to do it all by yourself. Also, very often we don’t place limits on time spent working on our business from home.
Why is it important to be mindful of yourself care while you work at home?
In general, any physical activity you practice will help you get stronger and healthier. Hobbies or self care routines also have emotional benefits.
They help you enjoy and focus on the activity, improving your mental state and even your memory. This is specially true as you age and manage multiple responsibilities at home and outside the home.
Here is a checklist of 68 things (not online) we can do as stay-at-home working Moms to improve our self care. It’s also a good idea to change up your routine from time to time to avoid boredom.
Where can you find additional resources or more information: If you don’t have a group or a place to start something you want to do, just find one. Do a little research. These are some of the places you may look into; Meetup.com, Udemy, local groups, Moms groups, internet.
Here are some of the activities you can do as part of your Mom’s self care schedule.
- Define your working hours to work your blog, your work at home or side hustles.
- Set aside an exercise routine. The gym, running, hiking, walking, jogging.
- Set aside schedules for checking emails, social media.
- Go shopping for yourself.
- Connect with other Mom bloggers.
- Ask for help.
- Set enough time to sleep.
- Be flexible. Adjust your schedules depending on your energy moods.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get out of the house everyday.
- Read for fun.
- Turn off your phone, periodically.
- Plan family vacations.
- Lisen to music.
- Get your beauty routine in. Nails, hair, pedicure, spa.
- Learn online. So many free resources, google scholar and major universities.
- Buy fresh flowers.
- Have some chocolates, sometimes.
- Have a purely fun hobby.
- Visit places that inspire you the most. Museums, galleries, parks, hills, the mall.
- Take pictures.
- Spend time in nature.
- Practice Journaling.
- Watch your favorite shows, movies.
- Set personal goals and business goals.
- Take a dancing class.
- Do some Sketching.
- Learn Sewing.
- Learn the art of paper flowering.
- Do Baking.
- Go Antiquing.
- Board gaming.
- Join a book club.
- Do Volunteer work.
- Take a self defense class.
- Travel to a city nearby.
- Start with a foreign language.
- Jewelry making.
- Start Organizing.
- Learn Origami.
- Start Painting.
- Wine tasting.
- Beer tasting.
- Practice Yoga.
- Candle making.
- Learn Nail Art.
- Take up Makeup art.
- Start Mentoring.
- Hand lettering.
- Do some Coloring.
- Go Karting.
- Martial arts.
- Rock climbing.
- Practice Feng Shui.
- Dance Zumba.
- Do a Body Pump class.
- Start Collecting.
- Restoring old pieces.
- Start a gym routine.
These self care routines are simple, but can be very powerful for the stay-at-home working Mom’s wellness. You can try one or two per week, changing it up as you need to. Remember to set time limits for work and to commit to them.