This post may contain affiliate links, please read my Disclosure policy.
Lifestyle blog ideas and keywords to increase your blog’s traffic
New to blogging or looking to power up traffic to your existing lifestyle blog?
This post can help you achieve your traffic goals with these 21 niche post ideas and other tips.
Evergreen lifestyle ideas are content themes searched for all year around, they’re not seasonal or trending topics.
These themes include home decoration, beauty, fashion, travel, food, gardening, fitness, well being, sports and others.
These topics are broad and you should definitely narrow them down to smaller niches or themes.
There is a difference between lifestyle search traffic and social media traffic. Search traffic is mainly Google driven queries and other engines like Bing and Yahoo.
Social media traffic comes from the various platforms you use for posting your articles.
This post focuses on search traffic. Evergreen topics are the best to grow a blog using a long term SEO, Search Engine Optimization strategy.
The reason is because there is a constant flow of searches that are for the most part on evergreen lifestyle topics.
Lifestyle blogging ideas – Steps to drive your lifestyle blog’s organic traffic higher
- Write for a focused niche or a few niches
- Leverage SEO and keywords
- Write for your audience
- Interlink your content
One way to grow a lifestyle blog is by focusing in smaller niches. Narrowing your lifestyle blog into smaller chunks and leveraging the power of keywords to boost traffic.
If you’re new to SEO writing, check this post for more information on how to leverage SEO writing and create strength in traffic, SEO writing.
If you don’t have a blog yet, but you’re still planning to start a lifestyle blog, you can use my guide to create your own blog for beginner.
How to start a money making blog – in this guide I show you how to chose a host, a domain, writing platform, how to monetize and other blogging tips.
Who is this post for?
You can use these posts ideas if you’re;
- A lifestyle blogger wanting to drive more traffic thru search
- A freelance content writer looking to sell or to pitch articles to publications
- An SEO freelancer offering keyword searches
Other related blogging tips
- How to start a teachers blog that makes money
- 30 things to do before making money with your blog
- 5 Ways to make passive income with a photography blog
- 15 Easy SEO tips for beginner bloggers
- Freelance writing jobs for beginners
- 15 Powerful keywords for your Craft business
How to start planning lifestyle blogging content?
Start brainstorming ideas by focusing on what you already know. You can do this before using tools that can help you generate blog’s ideas.
Then ask the internet. Use Google, Pinterest and the Free Wordstream keyword tool to come up with content themes for your blog.
21 Evergreen Lifestyle Blog Ideas to Boost Search Traffic
Increasing organic traffic requires Search Engine Optimization so that searchers can find your content.
If you want search traffic, then you’ll need to find out what people are searching for. Remember that you’re writing for the readers, not for you.
Below are 21 lifestyle niche keyword strings you can use and customize for your blog.
Avoid going general with keyword phrases like “Living room decor”, instead go for a specific sub-niche such as, “ Grey Living room decor ideas”. This is also known as long-tailed keywords.
This way you avoid the high competition for general phrases and also rank for more keywords.
Another key element of SEO writing is interlink of related content. So, if you just published a new lifestyle post, you’ll interlink other similar posts on your blog with it.
Interlinking accomplishes two things. First, the readers experience is deeper because they can read more of your posts. This increases your page views.
Secondly, the search engine scans your post and determines that there are more posts like it. This is good for your SEO strategy.
This list is not all inclusive, you can do more research yourself, it’s fun. Also, you can purchase keyword research from third parties like SEMrush, Search Nation and WordStream.
Fashion lifestyle ideas for Beginner
- High quality women clothing brands
- Sport women shoes
- Girls Western wear fashion
- Boho chic clothing
- Boho clothes for older women
- Boho clothes for plus size women
- Minimalist clothes brands
Home Decoration lifestyle ideas
- Minimalist girls bedroom decor
- Living room wall accents
- Deck decorating ideas on a budget
- Boho chic living room decor
- Elegant DIY home decor hacks
- White and Grey home decor ideas
Organization lifestyle ideas
- How to organize makeup in a bathroom
- How to organize pull out pantry shelves
- Best ways to organize plastic containers
- How to organize backpacking gear at home
- Unfinished basement laundry room ideas
Travel lifestyle ideas
- Dogs friendly beaches ideas
- Dogs friendly wineries in a location
- Campers travel locations in _________
You can increase your lifestyle blog organic traffic by understanding the need to focus on one or two niche themes.
Using the search engines to find out what your audience is looking for and writing for that audience. Doing this writing with keywords and SEO strategically.
The organic traffic boost your blog gets is gradual, unlike social media traffic. However, writing with SEO in mind will power up your traffic steadily over time.