This post may contain affiliate links, please read my Disclosure policy.
Sell Silver Online and Near You – Silver coins, bullions, scrap, bars and flatware
Silver is one of the most traded precious metals and commodity in the world.
While not in the same spot as gold, silver has value for jewelry, manufacturing and electronic applications.
Silver is also participating in the emerging technological economy.
Many are trading their silver holdings for bitcoins as a move to new financial investing.
Silver as resource has been with us for a long time and it’s paving the way for the new.
This metal is being used in the worldwide rollout of the 5G technology.
Some of the 5G components that require silver include; semiconductor chips, cables and mobile devices.
For these and other reasons demand for silver in all forms has increased.
Are you looking to sell your silver? Maybe you just inherited some old silverware and you want to get rid of it for cash.
Perhaps you’re trying to clean out your home and make some money in the process.
Whatever your reason, selling silver can put cash in your pocket.
Before you price your item, find out the silver spot price and estimate its value.
This App can calculate the value of silver per gram for you.
- 7 Places to sell your old jewelry
- 8 Companies that sell your old stuff for you
- Best ways to sell old paper money
- How to do Flea Market Flipping for Profit
10 Places to Sell Silver
There are plenty of places to sell silver, but you can’t go wrong with eBay. The online marketplace has a huge audience and is easy to use.
It also has a good reputation for customer service, which means you won’t have any worries when you’re buying or selling on the platform.
And if your idea of selling something is being able to temporarily turn it into cash in hand, then eBay’s payment option is perfect for you: all payments are processed via PayPal, so there’s no need to deal with checks or money orders either.
On eBay you can sell silver online and these are some of the items you may sell:
- Silver coins like the Hamilton
- Silver Dollars
- Fine Jewelry
- Bullion Coins
2. Cash For Silver USA
This is an online precious metal dealer accepting silver and gold for refining.
You can sell your silver to this dealer by completing a form online, receiving an appraisal and mailing your items.
Cash For Silver provides free shipping using Fedex and it also insures your items against loss or damage.
This precious metal dealer pays for silver items based on the refinery value at the time of sale. If you find another dealer paying you more for your item, this company will match the offer.
These are the items accepted by this dealer:
- Sterling silver jewelry
- Fine silver
3. Local Auction Houses
- Find a local auction house. This is the place where Estate Sales are generally done.
- If you’re not sure where to find an auction house, head over to your local library and ask someone who works there. Also, ask a Realtor where the local Estate Sales are auctioned.
- Auction houses are often used as venues for selling valuable items, Estate Sales, or antiques that are no longer being used.
4. Pawn Shops
- Pawn shops are a great place to sell your silver. You can get a fair price for it, and you can get cash right away.
- You should be able to get a good price for your silver jewelry, coins, or bars. You’ll usually get less in a pawn shop than if you sold it on an online marketplace like eBay. But pawn shops give their customers the option of getting cash immediately—no waiting around for buyers.
5. Jewelry Stores
Some jewelry stores will pay you cash for your silver, and many of them also offer pawn services.
If you have an estate sale or want to sell some things online, it’s probably best to deal with a jewelry store—they’ll find buyers in their network who specialize in antique and vintage jewelry.
Jewelry stores can be great places to sell silver coins as well, but if you’re not sure what kind of coin is worth more than others, then try selling them at a coin dealer instead.
6. Coin Dealers
Coin dealers are good places to sell silver. Coin dealers are found in most cities, towns and villages.
They buy coins of all types, so you can find a coin dealer who specializes in selling old coins or one that deals with modern bullion pieces.
The American Numismatic Association, ANA, maintains a list of authorized dealers thru-out the country. You can use this list to locate a local dealer who can appraise and buy your coins.
7. Precious Metal Recycling Centers – Refineries
These companies buy, recycle and refine materials from precious metals to be used in various applications. Jewelry making to manufacturing are some of the industries using the refined silver materials.
Recycling centers generally accept scrap materials from precious metals like silver, gold and palladium.
The scrap may include industrial silver solder, silver filled and scrap silver flakes.
8. Silver Buyers
If you’re looking to sell your silver to a buyer who will pay top dollar, consider a silver buyer.
Who is a Silver Buyer?
These buyers buy and sell precious metals in many forms. If you have old jewelry or coins that are made of gold or silver, it may be worth it to visit with a local or online company that buys these items from the public.
You can find out how much money you can get for your jewelry by visiting these companies websites. They include bullion exchanges and online marketplaces.
9. Antique Dealers
Antique dealers are the most likely to have knowledge of the value of your silver. They buy and sell all kinds of antiques, so they will be able to tell you if your silver has any value.
They’re more likely than other types of dealers to buy silver, because it’s a speciality for them and they’ve done it for years.
If you go through an antique dealer, he will also know what kind of price range is reasonable for different pieces of silver depending on their age, condition and style.
You can locate an antique dealer at the ANA website.
10. Auctions and Estate Sales at Auction Houses like Christie’s and Heritage
- Auctions and estate sales at auction houses like Christie’s and Heritage Auctions for some items. You can sell unique and valuable silver at these estate sales.
- Estate Sales Online—If you have an item to sell and want to do it online, use this site to find a buyer.
These are some of the places where you can get cash for your silver. Research the price of the metal and the particular items you want to sell before approaching a dealer, pawn shop, eBay or recycling center.
Before you mail any items, make sure these are insured. Most companies buying silver pay for insurance to protect your items while in transit.